10 Creative Small Bathroom Design Ideas to Maximize Your Space
You may be thinking, "What's the big deal? It's just a bathroom." But if you're trying to maximize your space and make it work for you, then it's definitely worth considering how you can design your small bathroom in a way that makes sense for your needs.
Let's start by defining what we mean by a "small" bathroom. Typically, a small bathroom is considered to be between 15-40 square feet in size. But just because your bathroom is on the smaller side doesn't mean it can't be a relaxing and enjoyable space! With a little creativity and smart design choices, you can maximize your space and create a spacious and inviting bathroom. So let's explore some examples of how to do just that!
Utilize Natural Light
- Maximize natural light. This is one of the easiest ways to make your bathroom feel bigger and more open and improve its overall appearance.
- Consider skylights or windows in the shower/tub area that allow you to enjoy a view of the outside world while you bathe or shower.
- Use mirrors strategically to reflect light into dark corners of your small space, making it appear larger than it actually is! You can also use them to create visual interest by placing them on opposite walls from each other so they reflect off each other at an angle--this creates an illusion of depth within your tiny bathroom!
Embrace Vertical Space
The first step to maximizing your small bathroom is to embrace vertical space.
- Add shelves.
- Hang towel racks.
- Install floating vanities.
- If possible, mount toilets to the wall (this is a great way to save space).
Use Bright Colors
Add a pop of color. Bathrooms are often small, so you want to ensure the space is bright and cheery. Choose lighter shades like a white or light blue for your walls and lighter tiles like white subway tiles or marble. If possible, choose a bold accent piece in another color that will stand out from the rest of your bathroom design--for example, add an orange shower curtain or red towels on top of black ones!
Add Unique Fixtures
One of the best ways to maximize space in a small bathroom is by adding unique fixtures. Consider installing wall-mounted faucets or choosing a unique showerhead that doesn't take up much room.
- Wall-mounted faucets
- Unique showerheads
- Small fixtures and accessories
Minimalist design is often preferred for small bathrooms because it helps to create a sense of spaciousness and simplicity. A minimalist design can make a small bathroom feel open and uncluttered by focusing on clean lines, a limited color palette, and functional elements. This is especially important in a small space where every inch counts.
Additionally, a minimalist design can help to create a calming and relaxing atmosphere, which is ideal for a bathroom. By keeping the design simple and streamlined, you can create a space where you can unwind and de-stress. Overall, a minimalist design can be a great choice for a small bathroom that needs to be both practical and stylish.
Install a Corner Sink
If you have a small bathroom, installing a corner sink can be an excellent way to maximize floor space and add a unique design element. Corner sinks come in all shapes and sizes, so it's easy to find one that fits your room perfectly.
A corner sink is an excellent option for small bathrooms because it efficiently uses space. You can choose from several different models, including wall-mounted and pedestal sinks. If you have an elongated toilet, replace it with a standard-sized one so there's enough room for both the toilet and your new sink!
Invest in a Bidet
A bidet is a great way to save on toilet paper, increase hygiene, and add style to your bathroom. You can find them in many different styles, but it's important that you choose the right model for your needs. A good place to start is by looking at reviews of different models online or asking friends who have installed one before what they think about them. Bidets are also very easy to install if you're feeling up for a DIY project!
Install a Wall-Mounted Toilet
One of the best ways to maximize space in your bathroom is by installing a wall-mounted toilet. This option saves room on the floor and keeps things looking sleek and streamlined.
The first step is choosing the suitable model for your needs, which may vary depending on your available space. If you're working with limited square footage, consider opting for an elongated model that takes up less floor space than traditional round ones do--it'll still provide ample comfort without taking up too much room!
Another thing to consider before buying: whether or not this type of toilet will fit into your home's aesthetic style (and whether or not it will clash). If possible, try out different models at home improvement stores so that when it comes time for installation day (or even sooner), we'll know exactly what kind works best within our budget constraints.
Choose the Right Flooring
The right flooring can make a big difference in your bathroom. Consider tile, vinyl, or laminate flooring. Choose the right color and texture for your space and add a unique design element to make it stand out from the rest of your home's decor.
- Add a rug: A rug is an easy way to add color and style without committing to painting the walls. It also helps keep moisture from seeping into your floorboards, which can lead to mold or mildew growth.
- Bright towels: If you're looking for something that will add color without being too bold, try replacing your white towels with brightly colored ones! You can find these at most stores like Target, Walmart (or even Amazon).
- Unique shower curtain: Instead of buying one from the store, why not make one yourself? This project is relatively simple--just follow the tutorial on the internet about making your unique shower curtain! Then hang it up in your bathroom so everyone knows what kind of personality lives here!
And that's a wrap on our guide to small bathroom design ideas! We hope you found these tips and tricks helpful in maximizing your space and creating a bathroom that perfectly fits your needs. Remember, whether you're looking to add natural light, embrace vertical space, or invest in unique fixtures, there's always a way to make your small bathroom work for you.
When it comes to finding the right general contractor or remodeling company to help you with your bathroom remodel, be sure to research and choose a team with experience working with small spaces. With the right help and a little creativity, you can transform your small bathroom into a beautiful and functional space that you love. So go ahead and get started on your next bathroom renovation project today!